Sunday, April 19, 2015

Seconds count but do you make them count?


365 Days in a year
24 Hours in a day
60 Minutes in an hour
60 Seconds in a minute
8760 hours in a year
5,25,600 minutes in a year and
3,153,6000 seconds in a year!

Life may churn out millions of seconds into your life but one thing it never releases into your life is “second chances.” We wish that life came fitted with that fancy “Undo” button… unfortunately it does not…we need to sweat our way to undo our follies of the past, some take hours, some take days, others take months and yet others do take years. Things are never undone in life with just few clicks or few quick swipes like our smart gadgets.

The trick is to make every second count!
Seconds… as long as you make them count have the power to make a difference in your own life and in others…regardless of whether you make an effort to make them count or not to count, they are going to count…

Heraclitus says “You cannot step into the same river twice” and so true it is, a second that has passed by has passed by, I will never be able to relive a second that has passed by…I would like to cherish every second of my life and I have started making significant changes to my life to achieve this end and how about you?

But a lot could be done in a second to make or break others and in the process do the same to ourselves.

It just takes a second to compliment someone…just try right away looking at the mirror or your smart phone cam saying, “you look beautiful”, “that was a good job”, “liked your coffee”, “a nice shirt”.

It just takes a second to utter a consoling word…

It just takes a second to hug your child that comes running to you with its arms flung open as enter your home after a tiring day or for some after a tiring week…

Making every second count, for some it means attracting more money each second, for others becoming more popular. There could be nothing wrong with these goals as long as no damage is caused to the others and as long as you know that your freedom ends where your nose ends, as long as you never barge into others’ space to usurp your “more money” and your “more popularity”.

We have heard several times, time is a great healer, time is a great master and one more thing that we need to know about time is that it is absolutely “unbiased”… 60 seconds is 60 seconds for everyone!

Every second counts. You would never be able to step back to relive a second that has just passed by!

Lately, the increasing awareness for me is that I make my seconds count when I spend more quality time with my family – my wife and my kid and when I am actually cherishing the moment that I am living and not being in 9 am and longing for 5 pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment